2018 Blues Cruisin' Lunch on the Delaware
The Blues Collaborative is proud to sponsor its 5th annual Blues Cruisin' Lunch aboard the beautiful Spirit of Philadelphia. Departing from Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, you'll be entertained by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue made up of some of the area's finest Blues performers while enjoying a gourmet luncheon buffet.
You'll cruise the Delaware River with views of the Philadelphia skyline, the Walt Whitman Bridge, the Ben Franklin Bridge, and the USS New Jersey. The Blues Cruisin' Lunch takes place on September 23, 2018.
Tickets include the following:
The headliners for this year's Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue are an impressive group of performers from the areas top Blues bands, including this year's phenomenal headliners:
- Admission to board the Spirit of Philadelphia;
- Live music by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue;
- A delicious gourmet lunch; and
- An open bar for beer, wine & soft drinks with a cash bar for mixed drinks.
- Georgie Bonds delivers high intensity performances that hit you hard in the heart with soul-stirring emotion. Writing and singing from a place in his gut most of us will probably never find on our own (thank the Lord), this is traditional blues that ain't from the cotton fields. Forget Delta, Piedmont and all that, this is stuff you can feel down to your toes with thoughts the best newspapers used to publish when they were still in the news business. Killer stuff that'll grab you no matter what your musical taste.
- Mikey Junior burst onto the blues scene less than a dozen years ago and since that time has amassed an impressive catalog of music and praise from both music fans and industry insiders. His infectious personality and absolute command of his medium leave little doubt the blues is in good hands. Performing with power, passion and sincerity, his live show that every Blues fan needs to experience. Mikey has released multiple albums, including his latest, Traveling South, which spent several months in the Top 25 of the Living Blues Radio Chart.
- Vanessa Collier is a master musician and multi-talented blues performer, becoming an in-demand artist, bringing her charismatic charm, passionate and fiery performances, soulful voice, searing saxophone solos, and witty songwriting to the stage. Over the past year, Vanessa toured through 11 countries, alternating between tour legs in Europe as a featured artist with Ruf's Blues Caravan and back in the U.S. and Canada with her talented 5-piece band. In 2017, Vanessa released her sophomore album Meeting My Shadow and earned many prestigious honors and awards, including two 2018 Blues Music Award nominations. Her third album, Honey Up, is scheduled for release in July.
- Suzie Vinnick is a Canadian Blues artist and the owner of a gorgeous, powerful voice and performs with a sweet mixture of engaging candidness and unparalleled musicianship. She has 10 Maple Blues Awards been nominated and 3 JUNO award nominations and was a finalist in the 2013 International Blues Challenge Solo/Duo Category in Memphis, TN. She was the winner of the 2012 CBC Saturday Night Blues Great Canadian Blues Award and the 2012 SIRIUS/XM Blues Artist of the Year. She has released 6 albums, including Live At Bluesville, a collection of roots, blues and gospel tunes featuring Suzie and her parlor guitar, Mabel and her 2018 release, Shake The Love Around, which puts her amazing skills as a vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter on display with a full band.
The ship will begin boarding at 1:00pm and leave the dock promptly at 1:30pm, returning to the dock at 3:30pm. The music will continue aboard the ship for another hour until 4:30pm when passengers must disembark. During the hour at dockside, the bar will remain open but will convert to a cash bar for beer & wine.
Click Here for a complete schedule of events.
TICKET SALES WILL END AT 11:00PM FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018!!
TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE!!
Click Here for pictures from the 2017 Blues Cruisin' Lunch.
The Spirit of Philadelphia (View)
401 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|